Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Breathing Room

I have the gift of a two days off in the middle of the week. So I am taking it slow this morning. It is really nice. Especially since I have my period right now. I do have some errands to run, but I can do those in my own time. I only have one more 12 hour shift to go before my time off for vacation starts. It is on Friday, but I can deal with that.

I finally made a date with my friend to get our tattoos! We are going this Saturday. I took in my picture of a dragon for the artist to work with, and I think he is not going to do a lot to change it. The dragon itself is too wonderful. When I saw this picture, I knew that this was going to be my dragon. And then when I printed it out, it was the exact size I wanted, I think it was kismet. The picture is below, but I will show you the finished tat once it is done. Yes, he is going to be a red dragon. I am planning on having him a really dark red. I think that will go better with my skin tone.




I also decided what I am going to do for Christmas gifts for my family this year. For the past year or so, I have decorated bags and given them to my family. This year I am going a step further. I think I am going to make bags for Christmas gifts this year. I tried one out the other day, and it wa really pretty easy. I think I know what I need to do to get them to come out the way I want them. And I have a sewing room this year, so I can leave all the stuff set up. I love it. I have never had a creative space of my own before, and I am discovering that it is a real gift to have it.

Oscar went his first obedience class last night. He was really nervous and stressed. I hope it gets better. The instructor suggested we take our dogs out to places more often to get them bette socialized. I think that is a good idea. I may try to plan a dog outing for the weekend. I also do not think that Oscar and I have really bonded. I think in order for the class to work for us, I need to spend time with him. So Hubby and I are going to switch dogs on our walks. I will start walking Oscar, and he will walk Gertrude. I may start doing some training with Gertrude after I train Oscar so that she know I still love her. We will see how this all works out.

1 comment:

SassyCupcakes said...

I love the tattoo. I got a very simple outline of a dragon on my back 5 years ago and it still means a lot to me. I'm thinking about getting a cupcake tattoo but I'm not sure where I want it.

You are so good to be getting organised for Christmas already. Your creative space sounds great.