Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Our New Year's Eve celebration was fantastic. It was fun hanging out with my family, and Hubby was a star and did all the cooking. He rocked. He even cleaned the kitchen the next day. A good time was had by all. I only made it to 10:30 PM, though. I was pretty tired at the end of the evening. I think I am still recovering, as I am exhausted.

I have had no energy the past couple of days. Even a nap this afternoon did not help me feel any better. I am a little queasy, really tired, and generally do not feel good. I had a couple of BH contractions this morning. One after I got up to go to the bathroom, the second as I was eating breakfast. I had to lay down before I was finished eating. The contractions really sort of hurt. (Not as bad as labor, I suspect.) I hope this is a good sign that the end is near. I am ready to not be pregnant anymore, and both Hubby and I are ready to welcome our little one in to the world. Though I think Hubby still gets a bit of kick out of me being pregnant. He even commented on it today. For some reason, he was even excited about my stretch marks.

I have not had a lot of thought on the coming year. I have no resolutions, and the only expectation I have is that I will give birth. I know it will be a year of change, as I get used to being a mother and adapting to having a little one around. I think that is enough for anyone, really.

2009 for us was definitely a year of expectation. We finally got the chance to do an IVF cycle in April, which produced our little one, still to be born. We dealt with pregnancy, and the freaking out of my body. I realized that I have to change how I think in order to handle the stress of pregnancy on my body. And likely I will also have to change how I think after becoming a mother. I am amazed that I am actually able to grow another human. Though it would have been nice to have an easier pregnancy. I am sort of hoping this indicates that my little one will be a good baby, as he made my life hell throughout his gestation.

I hope that 2010 is good to everyone!

2 comments:

Mrs.Joyner said...

I keep coming back to see if the little one has made the big appearance..Hopefully labor goes smoother and is easier (as easy as labor can be) then the pregnancy has been..Im super excted for you & DH!! Happy 2010!!

Jessica White said...

It sounds like you guys had a great new years (We didn't even make it to 10pm). I hope the end is soon for you...you've been so strong and such a trooper through all of this. Hang in there...soon your baby will be here :-)