Monday, July 12, 2010

Bad night.

We have been having sleep issues lately, and it is enough to make me want to tear my hair out. Little Dude is usually a good sleeper, but lately has really been fighting it. He goes down fine at the beginning of the night, but then will wake up a couple hours later, and not go back to sleep. Hubby says he is likely on the verge of a developmental leap, and he may be right. I just wish Little Dude would hurry up and make the leap so that we can go back to getting sleep. After discussing the issue with the pediatrician, we are going to try a couple things tonight, and see what happens. We are going to try putting him to bed a little later, and then not feeding him as often. We will see what happens. Hopefully it will get better soon.

I also have family stuff stressing me out. My grandmother fell and broke her pelvis recently, so she is really hurting. She is also coming up on the anniversary of my grandfather's death. So she is not doing well right now. She says she wants to go to the beach in a couple of weeks, but considering her pelvic fracture, and the pain she will be in, I do not think that will happen. The pelvic fracture worries me because the outcome for pelvic fractures from falls in the elderly is not that great. She already has fibromyalgia. I suspect that she could slip into depression very easily, and then slip away. She does not have a lot of fight left in her. She has been so lost since my grandfather's death. I heard from my aunt that she is not using her walker, and is just using a cane. I do not think that is best for her stability or the proper healing of her fracture. I think she is going to refuse to use the walker until there is no other choice. All I can do is wait and pray. She is going to be stubborn and do what she wants, no matter what any health professional will tell her.

On a brighter note, I go a new computer! Hooray! I have a new Mac. I was able to get the educational discount because I am teaching this fall. So I am typing this on a new Macbook Pro! It will make teaching easier, as I will be better able to make up lectures and research for lectures. Much faster and very easy to use.

The baby is asleep now, so I better go lay down while I can. Who knows what the night may bring.

No comments: