Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Updates...

Finally got the results of my lab work for PIH back. Everything came back normal. Thank goodness. One less thing to worry about! Though I still have to rest. That is getting easier now, as I am tired more often. (And not to mention, tired of being pregnant!) My next appointment is Wednesday with an NP, as my OB is off this week.

Yesterday, Hubby realized that we will have a baby in the house soon. He told me that he was looking at the calendar yesterday, and realized that next week is next month. Then he realized that the baby could be here next week! I think it freaked him out a little bit. He put together the pack and play last night. We decided to put the pack and play in his office, so that he has somewhere for the baby down there. It seemed like a good idea.

My parents are in town this week, and they are trying to find a place to rent once the baby comes, and until their house sells. I know my mother wants to be close to us to help out with the baby, and they are looking for something short term. That is tough to find in this area.

For Christmas, Hubby got me an i.Pod touch. I love that thing! It is like a really cool PDA. (All the fun of an i.phone, without the crappy AT and T contract!) I love having some of the organization apps, and some of the games are really fun. I can sync it to icalendar on my computer, so I can keep track of appointments and things. Hubby was sort of surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I think what threw him was that I really do not use my nano that much. But the touch can do so much more! I think it was a great gift!
FIL gave us a digital video recorder, which Hubby has had a great time playing with. At first his videos highlighted his feet prominently. But he is getting the hang of it. Hopefully I will be able to get them on my computer once my firewire cable gets here. That is the hope, anyway. I really want to be able to share video with my family and friends, who are spread out all over the state.

For New Year's we are having our annual deep fry extravaganza. This year, my parents, and my sister and her boyfriend will be joining us. I think my dad is bringing a board game of some sort. We plan on deep frying pickles, onion rings, and french fries. We also are planning on having buffalo burgers. It should be a nice evening.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year's!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Deep fried pickles - I need a pic.

I think you will have new years baby!

Megs said...

Yay you are getting so close :) Glad you guys had a nice Christmas together!! And I have come to find that the resting is a lot harder than it seems...I have been wanting to clean, clean, clean lately!!

Jamie said...

Deep fry extravaganza?!?! It makes my stomach rumble just to think about it.