Monday, December 21, 2009

Waiting.

I am currently 36 weeks and 3 days. My weekly "this week in your pregnancy" email pretty much said that from here on out, it is a waiting game to see when the baby will arrive. I have been having Braxton-Hicks, but they are not all that painful. Baby is moving around in there, which I enjoy feeling. My back hurts more often, so I have to sit differently. It is often more comfortable for me to sit straight up than it is to recline. My belly is huge! Fortunately, the nursery is pretty much ready. I am in the process of working my way through the baby care books I have not read yet.

We finally got out Christmas tree up, sort of. It actually is leaning against the wall, as Hubby could not get it to stand up with our tree stand. It does not help that Oscar keeps sticking his head in the tree, and then gets tangled up in the lights, almost pulling the tree over. (And pulling the lights off the tree!) Honestly, we cannot have any nice ornanments below 3 feet, because the dog will just knock them off.

We put up our tree the night of the big snow. We got over a foot of snow here. It is beautiful, but really obnoxious. We did not really go anywhere this weekend because it was impossible to get the car out. Hubby finally dig the car out on Sunday because we really needed to go to the grocery store. He decreed an emergency, as we were out of coffee. We also managed to get to the post office this morning to mail presents to my family in Reston. I sent the package express, so it will hopefully get there by Christmas. I think my parents are a little disappointed that they could not see me before Christmas, but the snow made it impossible for us to meet. I think they are headed to Reston in the next day or two.

Hubby and I talked about Christmas dinner. It is just the two of us, so we do not have to do much that is traditional. I think we are having rack of lamb, french fried sweet potatoes, and green beans wrapped in bacon. I may also slip some stuffing and cranberry sauce in there. I like both of those things with holiday meals, and it is Christmas dinner. Maybe pumpkin pie or something for dessert. The pie will be store bought, though. If Hubby asks nice, maybe I will bake biscuits to go with the meal.

Wishing everyone a very merry holiday!

3 comments:

Mrs. Higrens said...

A very merry and lazy Christmas to you!

Jamie said...

Mmmmm . . . that sounds like a wonderful Christmas dinner! After spending the weekend with my family, I envy time with just Hubby and I.

Mrs.Joyner said...

Firstly, your dog sounds a LOT like ours. She just can't seem to stay away from the Christmas tree. She's already broken 3 ornaments. Gah.

Secondly, your Christmas meal sounds sooo good. Im coming to your house for dinner =)

Thirdly, there is an award waiting for you over at my blog..and mad labor vibes to you!!