Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Since I am up anyway...

I am going to try to post one handed. Since I have nothing better to do while I am waiting for little AC to go back to sleep. I was disappointed he would not tolerate nursing side lying tonight. I could be sleeping now, or at least lying down. Instead, I am sitting in the glider waiting for baby to go to sleep. Darn it!

AC has been growing by leaps and bounds. He has outgrown his newborn clothes, and is working on outgrowing the 0-3 month clothes, too. I think he is going to be a big boy! And he loves to eat! There are times when I cannot get him off of me. He loves looking around at everything. He is holding his head up very well, and has started making new noises. We think he is sort of sensitive to sound, as he likes to stare at the speakers on his rainforest swing. His one month md visit is coming up on Monday. It will be interesting to hear what the pediatrician has to say about his development.

The job prospect has not called me back, and I have no clue if they will. I am trying to trust that the right thing will work out for me, whatever that is. While I would love the teaching position right now, I do not think it would be so bad to go back to my old job. Especially if I can do it part time. I really love being an OR nurse, and I kind of miss my family of co-workers, despite the dysfunction. (But what family is not dysfunctional?)

I really need to find a mommy group. I need to get out of the house and connect with other people. Between the snow and the baby, it has been impossible for me to get out much. This Thursday is a LLL meeting I may try to get to. I may also look into the local Mothers and More group. That group appeals to me, too. Probably because it supports mothers as they transition and change direction in their lives. I read "This is Not What I Thought It Would Be" and have been interested in Mothers and More ever since.

Because I am home so much, I have re-discovered the Olympics. I watched curling most of the day today, and I still do not understand it, but it is neat to watch! I also caught some of the men's figure skating before falling asleep. I think the music soothed both baby and me. I am sure I will watch more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Queenie. . . said...

I am also posting one-handed, waiting for M to go back to sleep! Except I'm in bed.

It sounds like we are sort of in the same place in a number of areas. I hope ypur job stuff works pout, too!

Shinejil said...

Cabin fever is the worst!

Side lying got way easier with age for us, so hopefully you'll be getting way more sleep soon.