Sunday, October 3, 2010

A moment of calm.

Right now I am sitting here with my glass of wine.  Enjoying the moment I have to myself.  The first half of my week is sort of crazy.  I have my lab day on Monday, then I work OR on Tuesday.  It is Wednesday before I have a chance to catch my breath.  So I enjoy the quiet moment while I have it.

This weekend was not too bad.  Friday night was a bad sleep night.  Teething pain was really bad that night.  Nothing seemed to work to soothe him.  I think I finally co-slept with him the last part of the night.  It was rough, and we were both up and down with Little Dude all night long.  The next day we realized he has both upper and lower eyeteeth coming in.  I also suspect that his upper incisors are going to make an appearance before long, too.  That is a lot of teeth all at once!  The teething is bad enough that he gets a low grade fever, which is usually helped by tyl.enol.  We seem to be alternating tylenol and ibuprofen.  Ibuprofen if he is hurting, tyl.enol if he feels warm.  So far it seems to be working.

The good thing about Saturday is that he spent time with two sets of grandparents.  My parents took him in the morning.  Hubby and I went out to breakfast, and then went back to bed, where we both napped.  Hubby's father took him in the afternoon, when we went back to bed for a while.  So at least we got plenty of opportunity to sleep.  We missed the Little Dude, though.  He was gone a lot, and he slept while he was home.  And he really needed the naps!

Saturday night was a good sleep night, but I co-slept most of the night.  I was too tired to try anything else.  I finally moved him to his crib around 3 AM, where he slept until a little after 7AM.  It was nice to sleep in a little.  I made apple cinnamon pancakes for breakfast.  It was most yummy.  Everyone enjoyed the breakfast.  (Little Dude included!)

Sunday I actually managed to get my weekly grocery shopping and my class prep done.  I did not manage to work out, which I have been trying to do.  It is just not happening over the weekend.  I think I am going to have to find time elsewhere.  I think I can go by the gym on my way home on Mondays.  It is only for a half hour, and I will feel better if I work out one more time during the week.  My stress level is considerably lower if I work out.  So I am going to try it tomorrow, and see how it goes.

I am excited about my vacation.  I leave in less than a week!  I think I could use the vacation.  Unfortunately, I also have a good amount to do before I leave, and very little time to do it.  I hope it will all come together.  Here is hoping, anyway.

No comments: