Monday, October 25, 2010

New week!

I feel like I am finally getting dug out after vacation.  I think I may be able to survive, and hopefully I will be able to stay on track.

 I had two doctor's appointments during my free mornings last week.  One for Little Dude's nine month well baby visit.  It went well, and Little Dude is healthy and happy.  He got the second part of his flu shot, so hopefully he will not get too sick this winter.  (Here is hoping, anyway.)  Little Dude is a big guy, too!  He weighed in at 21 pounds, 15 ounces.  He is almost 22 pounds.  I cannot believe how fast he is growing!  I also cannot believe he is 9 months.

The other doctor appointment was a plastic surgeon to see if he could treat my keloids.  This is the second doctor I have been to about my keloids, and neither one feel that comfortable treating them.  On one hand I sort of get it.  Keloids have a tendency to grow back if they are removed.  (And mine are big enough to need excision.)  I need a doctor who will not only excise them, but also deal with the healing phase, too.  And the healing phase is more important than the exicison.  I guess I will keep looking.  I suspect I may have to go to Richmond or Charlottesville to get any sort of keloid treatment.  Sigh.  I just want them gone.

 Not much else is going on.  I only have a couple more weeks at my old OR job before I start at the ambulatory surgery center.  Thank goodness for that. 

2 comments:

Jessica White said...

Glad you're able to keep your head above water this past week: Go Little Dude! Keep on growing!

Rose's Daughter said...

I've got keloids, and none of them are big enough to be a realy problem. I was sooooo worried about my c section scar, but it seems ok.