Tuesday, October 5, 2010

So much to do so little time!

I realized today that I did not put my vacation on the OR work calendar, so they scheduled me to work next week.  When I will be out of town on vacation.  And I really need this vacation, dammit!  I will call in sick if I have to.  Hopefully they will be able to work something out to cover two eight hour day shifts.  Keeping fingers crossed.  (Class is covered, so I am not worried about that at all.)

I also want to do the occupational health stuff for my new job before I leave for vacation.  I hopefully will be able to get the blood draw on Wednesday, and do the other occupational health stuff on Friday.  I will do it all Friday, if I have to, but it may be better to spread it out.

I also wanted to do some class prep this week.  I need to start working on the next unit, which I think is genetics and/or molecular genetics.  That is usually pretty fun.  And hopefully easier for the students to understand than cell respiration and photosynthesis.  We will see.  I think I will be doing class prep over vacation, but I can deal with that.  Hopefully I can get a decent amount done. 

I still have to pack, and let the housekeeper know that we are leaving, so she can at least skip a week.  I now have to pack baby stuff and my stuff.  I think we are going to end up taking a lot of baby stuff.

Oh, and to make matters even more fun, AF arrived today.  This week just gets better and better....

No comments: