Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And then there was one....

This week we are trying to transition from two naps to one.  It is not easy. 

Today it was going well until I tried to put him down a little bit after 11 AM.  That did not happen.  He chattered and played for 20 minutes, so I decided to feed him lunch.  (As it was lunchtime, and all.)  He seemed to enjoy lunch, and then I tried putting him down again after a bit of play.  So far, we have fifteen minutes of crying, though it is now the tired cry (mostly).  I know he is tired and needs a nap, as he has not really napped all morning.  I think he is overtired, and has to cry to calm down.  I just hate hearing him cry for so long.  But he will not nap, otherwise.  Makes me climb the walls.

Just go to sleep, already!

ETA:  Not long after finishing the post, he finally fell asleep.  Ahhh!  Much better!

4 comments:

Mrs. Higrens said...

We've dropped the first morning nap here - much to my dismay! Today she went from 6:15ish until 11:15ish without a nap, even with encouragement and of course went into the overtired cry you described above until she finally crashed. I hate that's she's crying and upset, but if I interact with her once this starts, it just extends the process.

Of course, the nap started at 11:15ish is still going strong (with a couple of small cry breaks) at five minutes to 1pm, and she should have eaten/I should have pumped at around 12:15, so there goes that schedule for the day!

Oh well, I'm not stupid enough to break the 'don't mess with a sleeping baby' rule, and have no plans for the day so we'll roll with it.

andrea said...

that was such a tricky phase here. we eventually got it down to where she eats and then sleeps all by 1:15!

Jessica White said...

We just started too....because there was still too many wakeups at night, figured maybe she just isn't tired.

We'll see....hope you guys pull through!

Jamie said...

We are in a weird transition phase, too. Not only are his daytime naps jacked but his nighttime sleeping if off kilter. It all stinks . . .