Sunday, December 7, 2008

Things I need to remember.

1. Do not over think this.
This wait is driving both Hubby and I a little crazy. I feel like we are jumping at shadows as I try to interpret every twinge and symptom. Nothing is certain until I miss my period. I feel like I have had all of these symptoms at some point or another right before I got my period. There is no use trying to over-think this. I will just stress myself out, and make myself feel that much worse when (or if) my period comes.

2. I have no control over this.
I also need to remember that I cannot control what happens. There is nothing I can do to ensure that what I want to happen will happen. That frustrates me. So I have to remember to simply be present in the moment. I have a really hard time with this, but I will try.

3. I am surrounded by love.
Last, but certainly not least, I am feeling the love from everywhere. My lovely internets friends are showering me with love and encouragement, even as I become impatient and irritable with the wait. My parents and close friends are wonderful supporters, and they keep reminding me that I am in their thoughts and prayers. I have a couple of co-workers who are thinking about me and praying for me. Some of my Quaker friends are holding me in the light as I go through this. I feel very special to have that many people rooting for me. I think knowing that I am surrounded by love is part of what makes the wait somewhat bearable for me. It certainly makes it different from my previous two week waits.

Hopefully I can remember these three things as I continue my descent into madness.

1 comment:

annacyclopedia said...

Very sensible list. I hope that you remember these things easily when the madness starts to creep in.