Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Somebody stop me!

I think seeing the ultrasound on Monday really made the whole pregnancy more real to me. The fetus actually looked like a baby, and the ultrasound tech played the heartbeat. And it sort of hit home that we are actually going to have this thing. I also loved that 3-D image they gave me. Hubby was able to see that it looks like a baby!

Seeing the ultrasound also gave me permission to buy more maternity clothes. I have been doing the bulk of my maternity shopping on e.bay. You can find some really good deals on maternity clothes there. I keep putting in bids on things, like a crazy woman. I have not received anything yet, but I just won some things within the past few days. I bought some name brand shorts and capris for a whole lot less than buying them new. I also managed to win a wonderful pink shirt which says "Due in January." I know, sort of dorky, but I liked it!

Finally got my hair cut today. I had to do it, because it was driving me crazy! I had to cheat on my regular hairdresser, though. She only works a few days a week, and recently my days off do not happen to fall when she is working. While I was out, I got ice cream for lunch. I have been craving Bruster's ice cream, and finally decided to cave in and have it for lunch to day. Yum! I had an Oreo ice cream waffle cone, and took home a quart of chocolate chip cookie dough. For the cravings I may have later. (And in case you are wondering, I did not have any pickles with my ice cream.)

I have been spotting off and on since I stopped the progesterone. It sort of freaks me out, but I think it is par for the course, especially after having progesterone supplementation. I have had no cramping, Dr Sweetness is not that worried, and the baby looked great on Monday. (Which was very reassuring.) So I pretty much need to chill out. Things are going well, and the spotting can be sort of normal. Many women have spotting during pregnancy. I am not the only one, and things seem to be going great. No spotting today, in case people are interested.

Now I gotta go make my list and go do grocery shopping. A wife's work never seems to end...

2 comments:

Hope in Virginia said...

I am so happy to hear how well things are going for you. Hip hip hooray!!!!

annacyclopedia said...

I am so, so happy to hear about you buying maternity clothes, I can't even tell you! That just makes my day.

And just so you know, I'm coming over later for ice cream.