Thursday, March 18, 2010

Check Up

AC's two month check up was today. I have a big boy! He weighed 13 pounds 9 ounces! He is in the 85th percentile for weight. Holy cow, I am growing a big baby! I guess I am doing something right. I may have to look into convertible car seats sooner rather than later. (I am thinking Britax...)

The annoying thing is that I am between insurance. I am out of work, and between jobs. When we finally get COBRA, we may use that until we have insurance again. (Yes, I have asked about that. Apparently, my old employers have just taken out me of the system last week and it takes a couple weeks for me to get the COBRA info out to me. Yet another thing up in the air.) Because I have no insurance, it is wicked expensive to get the vaccines at our pediatrician's office. Vaccinations are much cheaper at the health department. So that is where I am going on Monday march 29. I hate that I still have all the shots hanging over my head, but there it is. You do what you have to.

I am truly hoping that next week I will know more about what I am going to do. I also am going to look at the other OR that is hiring. Maybe they will be willing to take me on part time in the OR. If that is the job I take, it will likely mean a search for a childcare provider, but it has to be better than my old job. I still have hope that the teaching position will work out, but I do not want to put all my eggs in one basket. Really really hate having all this uncertainty.

Just trying to be calm and let things happen. Hopefully I will end up where I need to be.

4 comments:

Hope in Virginia said...

Good job feeding, mommy!

andrea said...

way to go AC! (G wasn't that big until she was something like 6 or 7 months!! but she is very much peanut sized)

i hope something comes up soon for work. that "limbo" phase sucks. but at least you are spending some good time with AC.

Jamie said...

Yes - uncertainty sucks. Especially when mixed in with all the uncertainty of being a new mother. I hope you get good news from the teaching interview. I have always thought teaching would be fun. I hope to hear more about it!

Jessica White said...

Glad AC is doing well!

I hate limbo...Hope something pans out soon.