Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Touchy-Feely Tuesday, on a Wednesday

Because I have been distracted by psychic detective romance novels.  Sad, but true.  I just want to read and not think about stuff.

That does not mean that nothing is happening, it just means that I need an escape, at least temporarily.

I had a nice Memorial Day weekend.  I did not do much, and we tried to stay out of the heat as much as possible.  This becomes difficult with a toddler who wants to be outside all the damn time.  Then he gets cranky because he is too hot.  I have not figured out a solution to this. 

My college reunion is next weekend.  I am pretty excited to see some of my college classmates.  I think  it will be a great time.  Hubby and my mother are doing childcare for me for the weekend.  I figure it will all work out in the end, as he is going out of town for most of the week next week.

Thinking about starting an et.sy shop, now that I have more time.  I think I may do baby swaddling blankets and zippered pouches/pod bags.  Both of these things I had a hard time finding, and both of these things I really needed. 

I have been doing really crappy with drinking water and recording food.  Behavior modification has not worked, because I have not used it.  I really need to get off my but and do something.  I have the stickers, I really ought to use them.

I may join the mother's group I have been looking at.  I want to go to a business meeting before I truly commit.  I have only been to one event, but it feels right.  We will see if I feel the same way after the business meeting.

Hubby and I have been scheduling our arguments.  What that means is that we have a time once a week where we are allowed to voice our grievances.  When we start to argue, we are allowed to just walk away. 

During our scheduled "argument," we use a "talking stick" to determine who has the floor.  The person with the talking stick is allowed to finish talking, and is not interrupted.  Then the talking stick is passed, and the other person can respond, without interruptions. 

Another piece of advice was not to schedule the "arguments" after 8 PM.  No one has the energy to really talk and actively listen after 8 PM.

So far it has worked.  We are able to talk about our grievances without the emotion of the moment.   We are able to put off the argument because we know we have time to hash it out later.  Which actually is rather nice.

Anyway, that is what is going on in my little corner of the world.  I hope everyone is having a great week!

3 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

Scheduling arguments. Brilliant!! By the time it comes around I'd probably had forgotten everything I wanted argue about...which probably means it wasn't that important to begin with.

Bobi AKA Stacey said...

I will try the scheduling. It sounds great if it works for us!

Jessica White said...

Enjoy your time away :-)