Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day Off

Thank goodness I have today off. I had to get my girlie parts looked at today by a regular OB/GYN. I had to reschedule the appointment for today. Stoopid work schedule. It is sort of nice to have the day off in the middle of the week, though. I got to sleep in.

That big case I was so worried about went fine. I was really impressed at how well the surgeon did. Her stitches looked beautiful. I did sort of feel sorry about the resident trapped under the robot between the patient's legs, but she was there for a reason. At least it was not me. I have a hunch that I will be assigned to other robot cases now that I have done a couple. This particular surgeon has another one scheduled next Tuesday. At least it is only one case, and not the whole day marathon like yesterday.

I have another chance to make my agility class today. I found the physical location this past weekend, so I have a better shot at actually attending the class this week. I have been sort of slack with spending time training my dog. Hopefully she will do well at class this week. I will let you all know how it goes.

10 comments:

Joy said...

"I did sort of feel sorry about the resident trapped under the robot between the patient's legs,.." Ok, all kinds of images just ran through my head.

Good luck with the dog training, sounds like fun. I just have cats, for now, I've trained them to sit on command, but as for anything else-yeah right-they are cats.

Guera! said...

Yeah, I had interesting images pop through my head as well.
It is nice to sleep in isn't it!?

'Murgdan' said...

Hi there! Here from ICLW--and a fellow nurse and dog-lover. I've been flip-flopping on whether or not to take my dog to agility classes. He's sweet and obedient (star of that class), but a bit of a scaredy-cat with new things. Do you think agility is only for the brave???

Jamie said...

Congrats on making it through your big case!! Thank God for OR nurses . . . I don't know how you guys do it!

momofonefornow said...

Hi, over from ICLW,

Glad it went well for you. I too love a day off during the week. You can get so much done.

smartypants said...

Oh I love days off in the middle of the week. always feel like I get more stuff done than on the weekends. too bad you had to spend part of it with you feet up ;)
ICLW

Jessica White said...

I too have interesting images :-P

How did your appt go? I hope all is well and that you made it to the agility class.

Anonymous said...

Returning your comment. Thanks for the comment on my blog for ICLW.

Hope that you were able to make it to agility class.

SAHW said...

Hope your appointment went well...and glad that the case went so smoothly too!

Anne said...

Read your IF history--oof. My story: Married 94, Live Baby 2006. Long road but it is worth it if you can keep walking and stay sane. Best to you.

IComLeavWe