Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Transfer complete!

I really hope this took. The day was a bit of an ordeal. I just had to vent.

Hubby wanted to do the drive all in one day. This is not a problem, because our appointment was in the middle of the day. So we drove three hours there. I do not know if I have mentioned this, but I hate long rides in the car. They can make me grumpy. We did stop a couple of times on the way out there. Oh, yeah, and I am constipated, which does nothing for my disposition.

We finally get to the clinic after we ate lunch, and I had to have a full bladder. The Wizard was planning on doing an ultrasound guided transfer. Only problem was, the Wizard was running late, and my bladder kept filling up, so I had to pee just a little bit, so that my bladder would be just the right size so he could visualize the catheter in my uterus.

Once they finally started the procedure, the embryologist could not find one of the blastocysts they planned to transfer, so we had to wait for her to find another. This gave me another opportunity to pee a small amount. (They were the ones who had me drink. If they had just waited, we would not have had this problem.)

Back from the bathroom, and everything had to be put back in. Then they had trouble visualizing the catheter in my uterus. They had to press very hard on my bladder in order to see what they needed to. Just to make things more fun, in order to get in the right position, I had to scoot down on the stretcher with the speculum and everything else inside me. Good times. Fortunately, they finally got everything in the right position this time around, and two blastocysts were transferred to my uterus. Finally.

Hubby was only so much help. He kept getting lightheaded and having to sit down. The only chair in the room was beyond arm's reach of the stretcher. I will say this though, he did manage to stay in the room the entire time. He did drive me all the way home, and we were home in time for dinner. When I did get home, I took some gas.x and bene.fiber with the hope that it will help. I get to spend the next couple of days on the couch. I hope that will help, too.

I really hope all of this was worth it. My day totally sucked.
I hope tomorrow is better.


Queenie. . . said...

I'm excited for you that transfer day is finally here, and I'm sorry it was so completely unfun. I HATE it when they make you hang out with a full bladder, let alone the rest of it!

'Murgdan' said...

Ahhhh...yuck. I hope the next 9 months are better!

Infertility is Hard said...

I'm sorry to hear your day was frustrating, but it sounds like you had two beautiful blasts put in, and that's so great. Good luck these next two weeks. :-D

andrea said...

fingers crossed!!!

Mrs. Higrens said...

What a rough day! Fingers crossed!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Yay!! I'm so excited and wishing you all the best!

Me said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

annacyclopedia said...

I'm catching up on posts I missed this week and just want to say I'm holding so much hope for you and wishing you the best news ever in a couple weeks!