Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Randomness

I had a random day off, and thought I would post about some random thoughts...

I really like the idea of doing a Dr Seuss nursery. I like the vibrant colors, and I have to be creative in order to pull it off. There is not a lot of Dr Seuss nursery stuff out there, so I have to make my own, or go with basic stuff. I think I have the craft skills and the art skills to pull it off. And I will likely get the help of my mother and my sister, both of whom are true artists. At this point, the Dr Seuss nursery is just an idea. It may take me a while to figure out how to put the idea into a real nursery, but I think I can do it. I am playing with Horton as a theme. I like Horton, and I like elephants. There is a godd variety of generic elephant stuff out there, which could work for bedding. Again, I need to put more thought into this.

I am very tired and achy today. I worked a couple of 12 hour shifts the past couple of days, and they really wiped me out. By the time I got home last night, I felt like I could barely stand up. I was in bed by 9 PM. And today, I hurt all over. I am just grateful I can rest some today. I may even nap later. The rest of my work week is not nearly as bad. An 8 hour shift tomorrow, and then ACLS on Friday. And the weekend off! Hooray!

It is a really nice day today, and I may cut up a chicken in order to grill it later. It seems like a good day to grill. Grilled chicken and corn on the cob could be a really nice dinner tonight. If I am up to it, I may fix biscuits. We will see what happens.

I am thinking of starting a wish list for the house. We are going to have to do some reorganizing in order to clear out a room for the nursery. I think we will definitely purge stuff. We could use some utility shelves for the basement, and a dresser for Hubby's clothes. We need one which will fit in the closet in the master bedroom. The one he has now is too tall. At this point the nursery wish list includes a crib, a dresser, a changing topper to the dresser. I am debating getting a regular dresser we can use for years, not a specific nursery dresser. The baby will only be a baby for a short time, and he or she will grow up. It would be nice to have something they can use for years. Just my thought.

I am starting to feel like there is something growing in there. I am 9 weeks tomorrow, and it feels like things are starting to change. I cannot feel anything moving, but it feels like stuff is shifting around in my pelvis. Hubby mentioned that he can tell that there is something happening in my belly. (He said he can tell because he knows what to look for.) My tits are still huge. Hubby is definitely getting a lot of enjoyment out of that! I also seem to be waking up in the middle of the night on a regular basis. I usually can fall back to sleep after changing position, but it takes a few minutes. Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pottery Barn Kids has Dr. Seuss bedding....