Saturday, June 26, 2010

Damn it!

We have another ear infection! I hope that this will not turn into a recurrent thing. Unfortunately, It may very well be recurrent. I had recurrent ear infections as a child, which is a risk factor for your child to have recurrent ear infections. And before you ask, I am still breastfeeding the Little Dude. He not really taking any solids at all. Apparently breast feeding only offers so much protection against ear infection. I suspect the reason ear infection rates are lower for breastfed babies is that breastfeeding mothers do not take their babies to the doctor for every ear infection. I feel a little gypped, if you want to know the truth.

On the bright side, there is no fever, and he does all right as long as he gets his tylenol. I just wish the tylenol was not colored red. It can get everywhere! Do people not think of these things?

6 comments:

Jamie said...

I have thought more than once that the color of Tylenol was highly inconvenient.

I hope Little Dude's ears clear up soon!

Rose's Daughter said...

There is dye free tylenol!!!! I get it all the time!!!

Mrs. Higrens said...

Poor little guy!

Hope he feels better soon.

Becky said...

the dye free tylenol is almost double what hte regular costs. The color doesn't bother me, but the cheery or grape smell does, yuck!

Jessica White said...

Poor kid! At least he doesn't have a fever. Our tylenol is purple, but yea, dye free is a great idea!

kate said...

We are battling thrush around here and the medication for it is bright yellow and sticky! Seriously, who makes an oral medication for infants that stains and leaves giant sticky patches anywhere it dribbles?? I mean, babies aren't exactly known for their coordination...