Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Out of the blue...

I get an offer to teach a class at the local community college! I was not even thinking about this position, and they call me and tell me they are looking for someone to teach general biology. I would love to! I loved teaching at the community college. I am looking forward to teaching there again.

Now to figure out how to make it work. I think I should be able to add another day with the day care provider for the day I have to teach lab. And hopefully my mother will be able to take him for the afternoons I lecture. It will only be a few hours. It starts in the fall, so she has time to get over the stress of moving, and hopefully get into shape to look after a baby.

I am considering keeping both days at work. Financially, it will make me more comfortable. And it is only 2 days a week. I do not think that they will let me reduce my hours, but I may be able to change the days I work. This needs some thought...

Lots to think about!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

great news!

Mrs. Higrens said...

How exciting!

Niki said...

Congrats! That is my dream job. I start grad school in the fall so I can teach at a community college.