Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Touchy feely Tuesday

My computer is now in the shop. I am really hoping that I will not need a new one. I really miss it. The touch screen is just not the same. Though this experience is forcing me to explore the capabilities of my phone and my nook. So I guess it is not all bad. I am not nearly as crippled as I would have been a couple of years ago. Still miss my computer, though.

FIL is buying me a minivan. So excited. The sienna is great value, so I get lots of cool stuff, like bluetooth and rear facing camera to help me back up. Not to mention all wheel drive, and it it much cheaper than the honda minivan. I think we finally decided on the dark turquoise color. A little funky, and is not gold.

I am the highlighted mother in my mother's group this month. I get to answer a few questions in the newsletter. It will help people get to know me better.

I am seriously thinking about making my own conversion wrap. This wrap has the ease of a mei tei, but with wide straps like a wrap carrier. I think I have the sewing skills to do it. My mei tei body ripped, and I cannot use it any more. I really miss it. The person I got the carrier from is insanely busy. (Obimama on etsy, in case you were wondering. Her slings and carriers are divine!) Maybe someday I will get another carrier from her.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I'm jealous of your FIL: Do you think he'd be willing to buy my a minivan? I actually want only the gold/beige cars....they hide the dirt so much better and around here, whatever the season, we have a lot of dirt.

I'm sure you could handle making a new wrap: Go for it!