Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More stuff...

I finally got around to calling HR this afternoon. It took me long enough, I think. I got answers to my questions. I will do my best to accrue as much PTO as I can, but I am not sure if it will be four weeks worth. It takes 4 weeks for short term disability (STD) to kick in, and PTO and STD will pay for my insurance while I am off. PTO pays half of what I usually make. I think I will let them know as late as possible into my leave that I may not be coming back, that way I can keep insurance as long as possible. Hopefully the position I applied for will come through over the next few months. At some point Hubby and I will have to sit down and figure out our finances while I am on maternity leave. Fun times.

I think I am going to stick with my current job at least until the end of the year. It is better to have the insurance right now. I decided that it would be awkward to be without insurance right now, now that I am almost in third trimester.

The belly is fairly obvious now. In scrubs, more people are beginning to notice the belly. I have even had more co-workers come up and rub my belly. It is sort of strange, but not necessarily a bad thing.

Not much else going on. I have another OB appointment on Monday, after my endocrinologist appointment. Should be a regular appointment.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I'm waiting as long as possible to not tell work I'm not coming back, specifically because of insurance.

You're in the double digits now!