Sunday, October 18, 2009

A work rant. Feel free to skip if you want...

Just have to get this off my chest. I think I am starting to see red because I apparently cannot catch a break!

For three weekends in a row, I have had to work at some point over the weekend. Two weekends ago it was 3-11 Friday and Saturday. Last weekend it was training to use the new computer documentation system. This weekend it was call during the day on Sunday. The Sunday call person always seems to get called in, and this Sunday was no exception. I cannot plan anything. I cannot do much of anything on the weekends because I have a work commitment, on top of the 40 hours I already work during the week. I understand the need for OT and call, but does all of my OT and call have to happen on the weekend? Seriously? When do I get to have a life.

Still waiting to hear from that other job opportunity. One of my co-workers has been talking me up to the person in charge of hiring, so I suspect they are waiting with bated breath for my application to come through all the HR stuff. I am tempted to email my resume to her, anyway. My co-worker gave me the director of nursing email. Maybe I will do that tonight and then see what happens this week.

Really wanting this other opportunity to work out because I do not think I can go back to my current place of employment! Can you blame me?

5 comments:

Mrs. Higrens said...

Seems like work is causing problems for a lot of people. Fingers crossed over here that (1) things get better soon for you, and (2) that you do get the new job opportunity and love it!

Queenie. . . said...

I so feel your pain on this. . .I've been working every weekend, too, and it's getting old. Good luck with the new job--I hope it works out!

Rose's Daughter said...

Can't blame you at all. I hate call, and it's one of the reasons I really don't want to work in the hospital after the baby is born. But on the other hand, there is that flexible scheduleing thing. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. :-)

Jaymee said...

hope that you get the new job and that all these weekends without plans are in you past very soon. really hope that you are able to find a comfortable way to sleep.

Jamie said...

I cannot blame you at all!! I hope a job change is in your very near future.