Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Musings

I am actually not feeling too awful after working last night. I think tomorrow's day shift will not be very fun, but I am trying not to think about that right now. Just having a slow day.

I should be able to make my meeting tonight. I want to try to join the club where I have been doing all my dog training. The first time I have been able to make a meeting is tonight. How pitiful is that.

I have not been keeping up with my meditation. I decided that I really like to sleep as late as I can in the mornings. I doubt anyone could blame me. I usually have to be at work before 7 AM. I can meditate in the afternoons, I am just very easily distracted. Bright shiny objects are a bit of an issue for me. I will continue trying. Hopefully I will be able to get it in on a regular basis.

I talked with my mother today. We decided that there is not a lot that we can do until my grandmother and my aunt accept the reality of the situation. I am on the other side of the state, and my mother is several hours away. Apparently my grandparents are going to Georgetown for a second opinion in the near future. Both my mother and I hope that they will be in a better place at that time.

My grandfather will be discharged from the hospital soon, though. He looks a lot better, apparently. He will be sent home with an IV, though. Which means home health. At least they will have some contact in the health care system. Even if it is not Hospice. I hope they get hospice in soon, though.

Apparently neither my grandmother or my aunt are doing very well at this point. The poor social worker is having a hard time coordinating care with them because neither one of them want to listen to what she has to say. All this poor woman wants to do is get the best quality care for my grandfather, and neither my aunt nor my grandmother are willing to deal with her. Nothing I can do about that, either. My aunt is apparently not returning my calls, even to touch base and talk about things.

I am trying to let things play out. But it is difficult. I hope that they see what they need really soon.

No comments: