Thanks also for the music recommendations. Pink did make the cut, and so did Rhianna. I also downloaded Immaculate Conception. I figured you cannot go wrong with Madonna. I ended up downloading some stuff from Christina Aguilera, as well. Go girl power!
Jess at Life in the White House bestowed the Honest Scrap Award on me earlier in the week. It has taken me until now to actually get around to it. You all should really stop by. She deserves congratulations because she got her miracle, and is making the transition to pregnancy.
Honest Scrap Rules
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design .
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself
My list of 10 honest things about me.
1. I love having Great Danes. They are so cool, and attract a whole lot of attention where ever they go. They are also very sociable, so people love them. There are actually two reactions. They love them, or they are really freaked out by them. Not a lot of in between.
2. We bought our couch for our dogs. We needed a couch big enough for both of us and both dogs. As a result, we have a huge sectional from Pottery Barn. Love the denim slip covers. They are fantastic.
3. Hubby recently got an iMac. On his computer he got a parallel Windows OS for his computer games. I made fun of him because I think the mac OS works fine. He got defensive about it because all he wanted to be able to do was play his games on his new computer. Sigh. I had no idea his PC gaming was that important to him. He also has an xBo.x 360 and a PS2. I think the XB.ox gets the most use, though.
4. I love doing creative stuff. I really enjoy having a sewing room I can just keep all my sewing stuff available. Maybe I will sew this weekend. That is a thought. I have several projects that I have not been able to get around to.
5. I decided that I am not going to compete with Gertrude in the agility competition in March. My gut says that the timing is just wrong. I really want to wait a year and maybe compete with her next year, if ever. I will still go to the agility seminar and help out at the event. I will just not compete. That just feels like the right thing to do.
6. It has been a while since I got a pedicure. I sort of miss it. I really ought to make a appointment and just go. It helps me to go regularly. I work on my feet all day, and I should take care of them when I get the chance.
7. I do not drink enough water. I cannot drink at work, and do not drink enough when I am not at work. As a result, I am pretty sure I am dehydrated most of the time. I try to drink water, but I sure it is not enough.
8. I do not regret getting my dragon tattoo. I love having a red dragon in the middle of my back. I have had it for about 6 months now, and still enjoy it. I know it is there, even if I cannot see it.
9. My favorite color is yellow. It is a happy color. I have a lot of yellow throughout my house.
10. I am constantly amazed that I am good at what I do. I love being a nurse, and I love being in the OR. It is gratifying when I get positive feedback from co-workers and surgeons. I am trying not to let it go to my head. It is not good to get too cocky. I will never know everything.
Seven Blogs I really like. This award has made the rounds, and I always feel like I am the last to do this. If you have already gotten this, then I apologize.
1. A Few Good Sperm. She is sort of new to to the blog world, and I just think she has a really nice blog. More people should go see it.
2. Murgdan at Concieve This! I suspect that she has already been nominated elsewhere, but she is one of my favorites, and I could not help but award her again.
3. Queenie at Baby, Borneo, or Bust... I suspect she has also been nomiated already, but again, she is another of my faves, so I could not help but do it again.
4. Katie at The Happy Hours. She has a wonderful blog, and I love reading her journey.
5. Liddy at The Unfair Struggle. She has such a full life.
6. Ann at Praying for a Miracle. She is about to trigger and then enter the 2ww. She could use some support. (Or distraction, whichever.)
7. s.e. at Riding the Roller Coaster. This is a wonderful blog I found through ICLW, and I just had to share.
Whew, that is done!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!