Sunday, September 6, 2009

Back home!

It feels good to be home! And I get a day off tomorrow, which means a shorter work week for me. And two weeks until vacation. I have a few things to look forward to. I could try to take my other two bereavement days for the burial service in November. I may try to get that in writing, though.

In my frustration with work, I forgot to tell you all what happened with my wedding band. They did find it at work, which was great. But I was not able to call the hubby until the afternoon, after he had already bought another wedding band for me. He did not return it, and gave it to me that afternoon when I got home from work. He even proposed again! (I think it was easier this time. He had a better idea of the answer.) It is a beautiful 14 K plain gold wedding band. I like it better than my other one. It definitely fits a little better, too. I am thinking of continuing to wear it.

The funeral service for my grandfather was really nice. It made it more real seeing him lying in the casket. He was a member of the Freemasons, and they had a small service before the formal funeral service. It was really interesting. The friend and family rememberances during the service were really wonderful, and I know my grandfather would have loved all the family participation during the service. Family was very important to him.

Hopefully now that the funeral is over, my grandmother and my aunt can start learning to adjust to life without my grandfather. I do not think it will be easy for either of them. I think the closure with the funeral service helps, though.

Will likely post more tomorrow. I do have more thoughts rolling through my head, and more happened over the weekend.

2 comments:

Jessica White said...

YAY for finding your ring :-)

I'm glad things went smoothly for your grandfather's funeral *hugs* Regardless of how "nice" they are, it still sucks!

Enjoy your short work week.

kate said...

I am so glad you found your ring, and glad that you now have option #2 for when you decide you want to wear a different band. That's nice.

And I'm glad the funeral went smoothly, and hoping that it will benefit your aunt and grandmother, helping them to be able to move forward with their lives in spite of the loss.