Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Touchy-Feely Tuesday

Holy crap, last night was really rough.  We were up until about 8 PM.  Then we woke up from 10:30 to 12:30, and cried the entire time.  Would not go to sleep anywhere but on my lap in the rocking chair.  Up again at 2:30 AM, then 3:30 AM.  At least I got to sleep in until 7 Am this morning.  Trying to be grateful for the small things here.

I am crossing my fingers that tonight is a better night.  I really hope he goes down a lot easier.  I do not think I can take another night like that.  I am still waking up at least twice a night to breastfeed.  And he will not take anyone else right now.  Hubby tried to take him last night, but he cried and wailed the entire time.  Mommy is not happy and can use some rest.  Not to mention, my poor breasts are feeling abused.  Baby needs to sleep!

We tried co-sleeping, but he cried the entire time I was laying down with him.  He only wanted me, and it had to be in the rocking chair.  It made for a very frustrating night.

Baby is in daycare today, so I can have a slow morning.  I still have stuff to do, but I am not hampered by the little one.  I will probably go to the gym this morning, with the hope that it will help me stay awake this afternoon, so that I can teach.  I am crossing my fingers that I can get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, baby willing.  I have an OR day tomorrow, and those can wipe me out.

Was so excited yesterday when I got to scrub in on a couple of lap chole procedures and drive the camera for the surgeon.  I have not scrubbed in for quite a while.  I think I did all right, and the surgeon was wonderfully tolerant of me.  I do not think I bobbled the camera too much.  So excited that I got that opportunity to scrub!  Hooray for using all my skills!

I signed baby and I up for swim lessons.  They start on Saturday morning at 9 AM.  I am looking forward to it.  This is the first class I have signed him up for.  I think he will like it, and I think I will enjoy getting out and doing something with other mommies.  Also, we both like water, so the class should be fun for both of us.

I just downloaded a bunch of celtic punk music for my ipod.  Flogging Molly, The Tossers, The Pogues.  I think they will be good for me to run to, especially today when I am low on energy.

Trying to get back in to recording my food for WW.  Hopefully it will happen, since Hubby is getting back into it, too.

On a slightly unrelated note.  I really need to do a better job of staying hydrated.  Anyone have any advice in preventing the baby from wandering off with my cup of water?  I really like having large cup of water with a straw nearby so that I can drink from it.  Problem is, Little Guy likes to play with the water, with the cup, and with the straw.  Substitutions do not work.  He knows the sippy cup is not mommy's cup. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you lots of good thoughts on getting more sleep for everyone tonight. Sleep deprivation sucks in every possible way.

On the cup, is there a way you can give him one that is like yours but maybe a different color so he can have a cup like yours but you don't get dehydrated? Or is he in the I want what's yours phase? If that's the case, can you try putting cups throughout the house so at least you always have one to drink from?

Jamie said...

I downloaded a bunch of Flogging Molly today - what a coinky-dink!

When we went through the obsession with bottled water phase (and it was a tough one) the only thing that would make him happy would be to have a cup exactly like mine. So I would give him one with about an inch or two of water in it. Just enough to make him feel like he had water too, but not enough that he could make a huge mess with it. I remember my water intake reducing drastically!