Friday, September 24, 2010

Finally feeling somewhat human again!

It feels like a long time since I felt human enough to, well do much of anything.  Finally started taking some allergy med, and it seems to help me feel a little better.  We are also over the hump with the baby's diarrhea.  What a mess and headache that was.  Little Dude is doing much better now, though.  Eating, drinking, and poop is returning to normal.  Thank goodness! 

The week was not too bad.  I called in to work on Tuesday because I was up all night with the baby.  I could barely function, so it was probably not a good idea to go to work in the OR the next day.  I called in about quarter to 3 AM, so I suspect they knew I was up all night with the baby.

Wednesday was my interview with the ambulatory surgery center.  I have no clue how it went.  I just hate reading into these things.  It went all right.  They seemed nice, and I liked the surgery center.  We will see what happens next week.  Just not sure if I got it, and I am not desperate for it anyway.  It was a part time position, and it sounded more like where I want to be right now.  I will miss the people I work with now, should I leave my current position.  I actually do not mind my current job, now that I work flex.  Though the days get crazy on a regular basis, and it is rare that the day goes as planned.  Should I get the job at the surgery center, most likely days will go as scheduled.  That would be a nice change of pace.  I guess my outlook on the situation is ""Que sera, sera!"  I will just take it as it comes.

Baby never lets feeling bad slow him down too much, so we are still chasing him all over the house.  He recently discovered stairs, so we constantly have to be on the lookout for him heading to the stairs.  He also likes to play with doors, so we have to be on the lookout for pinched fingers.  He generally likes to manipulate his environment.  Some things we just cannot let him play with, such as cords and wires, but we let him pay with a lot of stuff he comes across.  He enjoys pushing chairs and boxes.  He also has a couple of push toys which he enjoys playing with.  It is so cute to see him stand up on the push toys and walk down the hall.  (Steering is still an issue, but I have faith that he will figure it out.)  He is so proud of himself.  He can really crawl now, and can be across the house in a matter of seconds, so we have to be on our toes.

I actually tried putting him down for a nap and letting him cry a little.  Lo and behold, it worked.  Of course, now that I have posted this he will never go down like that again.  But it is exactly how everyone else puts him down, with some fussing because it was different than what mommy usually does.  I am sure he will get used to it.  He is pretty smart.

I think that is about it.  I have grading and planning to do this weekend, and I am planning some quality time with the hubby.  Other than that, it is our usual weekend stuff. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend.


Rose's Daughter said...

Hope you get the job. I have no clue how my interview went either. It seemed good, but you never know....

Jamie said...

I can totally identify with this - I always feel like I'm a bad judge of how bad Skeeter feels because he is always on the run! He may have a fever and diarrhea but he NEVER acts like he feels bad. He is full tilt, no matter what.

Good luck with the naps! That was finally our tactic and it worked better than anything else. Now he puts himself to sleep so well at naptime and bedtime.