Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh, Insomnia!

I has it.  I cannot sleep.  I have not been able to get to sleep since I got the baby down at 1:30 AM.  My mind has just been working overtime.  I have been lying in bed thinking about stuff.  My brain will not shut down.

I cannot believe I got Little Dude to sleep in the crib!  He really sleeps so much better by himself, so it is wonderful that I could put him down.  Only a small amount of crying before he went to sleep.  We may have to start  doing that in the evenings, too.  It just works really well.

I am nervous about giving notice at my current position.  Not sure why.  I am flex, anyway, so I only work when I am able.  Which is really nice.  If I make it into work tomorrow (as it is now 3AM, and I am still awake) I will email one of my supervisors and let her know, at least informally.  It would be nice to firm up a date I will leave.

The new job has benefits!  I cannot believe it.  I feel like it is too good to be true, and something, somewhere, will cause me to be ineligible for them.  I hope that it is right, and I can still get benefits working my schedule.

I think that my current job forgot to put me on the schedule one of the days I am able to work.  I may see if I can work it, because I could probably use the money.  My vacation is coming up!

I hope my orientation for the new job will work with my schedule.  I can really only do it Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Keeping fingers crossed with that one.

I am worried about getting enough time for class prep.  I need to work on it this weekend, and I need several hours of time.  I have not been able to get much done lately, as I have had a lot of grading to do.  I think I am all right so far, but I need to work to stay ahead.  It would be nice to finish the next chapter, prep for lab, and put together the next test.  At the very least, put together the next chapter's notes and prep for lab.  That may be do-able.  Hopefully.

That is all I can think of that is going through my mind right now.  I think there is other stuff.  Hopefully by getting all of this out there, I can get a little rest.  At least it is somewhere for me to look at later, should I feel so inclined. 

I am off to take some ibuprofen and hopefully get some sleep!  I need sleep!

1 comment:

Rose's Daughter said...

I remember whenI first put Pookah down in his crib to sleep by himself, I was afraid that he wouldn't sleep well. He surprised me though and slept really really well. In fact, this past week, we co-slept while on vacation, and he didn't sleep as well as he normally does in his own bed!