Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mixed blessings.

Today my son gets baptized.  That is pretty special, and worthy of a celebration.  It is good to celebrate life.

But we are missing a lot of people who were unable to get here, for one reason or another.  Hubby's mother and my grandmother were not able to make the trip across the state.  My aunt could not make it because of other commitments.  Little Dude's godfather will also be unable to make it, as a family member is in the hospital.  I am sad that all these people will not be there.  I wish we could have had a larger gathering of family and friends to celebrate, but it was not to be.

On the bright side, I am not at my best today, so a low key gathering may be better for everyone.  I am still sick.  I slept poorly.  I was unable to get more than two hours sleep at a time.  (And I suspect the crappy sleep is helping this damn cold to linger.)  Baby is feeling the effects of the antibiotic and the current mental leap.  So the smaller gathering has its advantages.  I can relax a little and I will probably enjoy the day a little more.

Today I am going to celebrate life and its blessings, and hold family and friends in the light. 
It will be a good day.

No comments: