Monday, November 24, 2008

Coasting?

I think I may have responded too well to the Follistim. My estradiol level came back a little high. Because I have PCOS, RE wanted to wait to trigger. PCOS puts me at higher risk for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. I am currently feeling bloated and full. I told RE that I felt like I was about to pop. When he did the scan, he saw maybe 5 or 6 large follicles on the right, and maybe 4 on the left. RE warned me that I may continue feeling bloated and full after we trigger ovulation.

So I have no more injections at the moment, and I guess we are just waiting for the estradiol level to come down. We are rechecking Wednesday, and I guess we will go from there.

Again with the waiting.

Sigh. Still trying to be patient.

3 comments:

Pepper said...

I also coasted for a day when I did my cycle. It's a good sign that you're responding well!

My doc had me increase my protein and hydration to help with the risk of OHSS. I drank this icky whey protein stuff from GNC twice a day. They recommended Gatorade, though I drank mostly Smart Water because it has electrolytes without the calories.

Best of luck!

Guera! said...

I hope things go well for you!

Happy said...

Good luck!! I was hyperstimulated and it wasn't fun. It's a good thing your doctor is being cautious.