Saturday, November 29, 2008

Trigger

When I was little, my parents would take the family to Roy Roger's restaurant for dinner. They used to have this western theme which all of us really enjoyed. One thing I loved about going there were the high chairs. I do not know why I remember this, but I do. The high chairs were horses. I think they had little chairs and trays set into them. For some reason I really liked them. I think I thought of all of them as Trigger. (I think that was Roy's horse, so it sort of made sense.) Roy Roger's was not the same after they did away with the western theme. Sigh. Time never stands still I guess. (I apologize for any errors, my memory is imperfect, and I was vary young when this happened.)

Now I have a different connotation for trigger. We do the trigger shot tonight to trigger ovulation. My estradiol levels finally came down when we rechecked on Friday. I was looking at the instructions for reconstituting the HCG medication, and I was amazed. 2 ml water to dilute all that powder. Really? I think I am going to have to shake it pretty hard to get it all in 2 ml. I guess it will work. I am sure it has worked for others. It is probably just a manifestation of my nervousness.

Hubby has read up on giving IM injections. I am a little nervous about it, and I am trying not to spend time sending him links to youtube videos on how to do IM injections. Though it is tempting. I doubt I will be able to resist sending him at least one. Men are visual, after all. Hubby is also abstaining this weekend. He is definitely long-suffering. First he had to deal with me being irritable and puffy. Now he has to deal with both of us being horny, and unable to do anything about it. There is a whole lot of grumpy at our house this weekend.

There is also a sense of hope. Hubby mentioned something about a nursery the other day. I think he can sort of see where the nursery would go in our house.

Trying to keep fingers, and legs, crossed. And hopes up. Again with the lack of control. There is not anything I can do other than pray, and ask for prayers. I think there is something powerful about prayer, so I ask everyone to pray for a miracle for us. I would love to have one this week!

5 comments:

Queenie. . . said...

Great news about the estradiol. Good luck with the trigger shot!

I just had to have a pack of shots for my trip, and I have to say, the anxiety about them was far worse than the actuality. I hope you find it that way, too.

Paula Keller said...

Well that's exciting that you get to trigger!!! And good news on the estrodiol.

I am also amazed about the amount of water to reconstitute GonalF. I'm always trying to squeeze out every drop of water for that.

Sounds like you've got a good amount of eggs to work with! Best of luck to ya!

Bella Strega said...

Yay for trigger...and I, too, remember Roy Rogers burger joints!! :)

andrea said...

sending you LOTS of luck!!

emilythehopeless said...

good luck!