Monday, July 25, 2011

My expectations were not met.

And I am not all that happy about it.

Today started all right, though I ended up taking Little Guy to the cell phone store.  My mom could not do it.  Don't know why I bothered.

Then I ended up shuttling my mom to and from a doctor's appointment because she could not see.  That took the rest of the morning.

She kept trying to talk to me about traveling places with the baby.  That is what set Hubby and I off this weekend.   So I really did not want to talk about it.

Little Guy fell asleep in the car on the way home, and now will not go down for a nap.  And I know he is tired.  He fell asleep in the car.  Idiot.

I have had no time to sit down and set up my replacement phone, and now I have a crying baby who is not happy about going down for a nap.

All I want is a chance to catch my breath.  Without a crying baby in the background, pissing me off.  Apparently that is too much to ask today.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Little Guy woke up at 5 AM.  Um, yeah.  And I still have not recovered from my crappy sleep this weekend.

But Hubby and I have talked, and we are better.  He was just afraid I was slipping into old patterns.  We made up.  But we are both exhausted, because neither of us got a lot of sleep that night.  And Little Guy insists on getting up early. If he is up, everyone else has to be up, too.

And now Little Guy has thrown everything out of the crib and is still crying, and the dog wants in.  I guess I will try nap time again in a bit.  But I am not happy.

Finally, we have successful nap!  Only took about 30 minutes of bawling and tantrum before he finally slept!  I ended up escaping downstairs and turning off the baby monitor.  It gave me the chance to finally get my phone set up again. 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What a tough, tough day. I hope the whole family is getting some better sleep :-)