Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer Camp

Summer Camp Day 29:  If you could live anywhere for one month this summer, where would it be and why? Would you ever unplug from the internet for a month or longer to go on such a trip?

I would love to spend time at the beach.  I like going to the beach and spending a lot of time doing nothing.  Before we had Little Dude, I went every year.  Or at least tried to go.  The Outer Banks is my favorite beach.  But only in the less developed areas, like down toward Avon or Hatteras.  I cannot stand to see huge hotels or condos on the beach.  It rubs me the wrong way, for some reason.

Unfortunately, I think the days of the relaxing beach vacation are behind me.  Vacationing with a child is a lot different.  It is still a lot of work.  Though there is something nice about getting out of town, and just being somewhere different.

I do not think I could unplug completely for a month.  I am too dependent on the internets.  I think both Hubby and I are too dependent on the internet.  Even when we go on vacation, we try to find a place with internet.

See more Calliope's Summer Camp!

No comments: