Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Camp Day 10

Summer Camp Day 10:  Share your favorite recipe

I may have a problem here.  I have a hard time following recipes as written.  I feel they are more of a guideline.  I will usually start with the basics and modify the recipe to my tastes.  It usually does not come out much like what was originally written.

I will try to share something that I like to make, though.  I will try to write it so that others can follow it, but I may get the measurements wrong.  This particular recipe is not written down.  I usually put enough enough of each ingredient until it looks right.
If the measurements I share do not look good to you, put as much or as little in as you want.

Rosemary chicken salad

(This has gotten rave reviews at every function I bring it to.  It looks pretty and tastes fantastic.)

1 rotisserie chicken (preferably herb flavored, but any flavor will work.)
1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
1 cup celery, diced
juice from 1 lemon
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary  (Must use fresh rosemary!  Dried rosemary does not come out nearly as good.
1 Tbsp kosher salt (or to taste)
1/2 tbsp fresh ground pepper (to taste)

(Optional:  Toasted almonds or walnuts)

Remove chicken meat from rotisserie chicken.  Discard skin and bone
Mix all ingredients together, and let marinate for at least an hour.

Serving suggestions:  Can serve over fresh greens, or in a pita.

Read more recipes over at Creating Motherhood!

No comments: