Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Camp Ketchup

Trying to catch up with my summer camp post.  Hopefully by tomorrow I will be caught back up!

Summer Camp Day 18:  How do you feel about astrology? What’s your sign, baby, and do you think it matches your personality?

I am an aries, the ram.  It is a sun sign, and to summarize the traits:

(Thanks to astrology-online.com!)

Aries Traits

Adventurous and energetic
Pioneering and courageous
Enthusiastic and confident
Dynamic and quick-witted

  On the dark side...

Selfish and quick-tempered
Impulsive and impatient
Foolhardy and daredevil


For the most part, I guess it does describe some aspects of me.  (At least as well as these things do describe people.)  I would say that I am enthusiastic and confident.  When I am involved in something, I like to take action and really be a part of it.  I think I could be energetic, provided I get enough sleep and work out often enough.  Not sure about quick-witted though.  I have a tendency to miss things as I just do not pick up on them.

I like to think I am slow to anger, but when I get pissed off, I am not nice to deal with. I try to allow for poor first impressions.  (Does not always work.)

I do not think I am selfish, though if you looked at how I mother some people may say so.  I work part time, and send the baby to day care.  Hubby and I go out on dates, and leave the baby with a babysitter.  I encourage Hubby to take the baby out by himself so that I can get some space. All of these things I do for me.

I will say that I am impatient.  I hate waiting, and when I want something, I want it right now.  Waiting drives me crazy because it is so passive.  I want to do something!  Not sit around and wait!

I still remember during nursing school, listening to a presentation by a person who was diagnosed with cancer.  He was also an artist, and he was talking about his work and his experiences as a patient.  He said he would always ask about his assigned nurse's astrological sign.  He usually would try to get an aries, as they are doers.  He wanted someone who would get things done.  I liked that, and that has been true of my nursing practice.  I like to do things, and not wait on things to get done.

Day 19:  How do you (and your partner if applicable) feel about PDA? Does your husband/wife/partner know that you blog and if so are they involved?


I think both Hubby and I are pretty old school about PDA.  Hand holding and occasional touches.  Small kisses are acceptable, too.  I think anything more and we just get embarrassed, for us or the other couple.  Too much, and you should just get a room.

Hubby does read my blog, but is not involved in any way.  He is not really a writer.  That is just not how he expresses himself.  My blog is all my own thoughts and musings.

No comments: