Friday, January 16, 2009

The calm before the storm.

I apparently am not moving fast this morning. I guess that is not surprising, as I could not sleep well last night.

All the stuff I have heard about my grandfather has not been good. The nurses suspect stomach cancer. I know that is not a diagnosis, but I think they know. They are in a position to see everything. I think we will know more after his scope this morning. Dr Google says that one of the late symptoms with stomach cancer is pain and not being able to eat. He has had both symptoms. Then I hear last night that his kidney function is down. Another not good sign. I suspect that by the time I finally get up there, the news will not be good. And I have to attempt to be the sane one. I think that may drive me crazy.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Have a safe trip, try to listen to relaxing music.

Jessica White said...

Travel safely. You guys are all in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

andrea said...

be safe! you are in my thoughts.

annacyclopedia said...

Safe travels, and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. And is it possible to let go of having to be the sane one? Just a very gentle suggestion, offered with only the wish that you get to be exactly how you want or need to be through all of this.

Queenie. . . said...

I'm so sorry he's ill. I'll be thinking of you.