Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just trying to rest before the weeekend..

I learned this morning as I was checking my email that my grandfather is in the hospital. My family is going bonkers. Apparently he has a bowel obstruction of some sort. From what I can tell, he is heading for an exploratory laparotomy. They will scope him tomorrow, and probably operate after that.

I am going up to see them tomorrow. I had to call in to work and let them know so that they could cover my shift and call while I am gone. I am not staying indefinitely. Just the weekend. Hopefully things will look better after that. I doubt it will be a fum time. I will likely be the only family member with a semblance of sanity, and that is only because I deal with this stuff every day.

At the moment I am just trying to chill out and rest before I head into the craziness that is our family. I am worried about him, but it is unclear to me how serious it really is. I suspect my perspective on things is different than the rest of my family.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa...hopefully the surgery solves everything and he's doing well soon.

Good luck with all of that this weekend. I'll be thinking about and praying for you :-)