Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Grateful for small things.

It was the small things which made the day decent. I was with a really nice surgeon today. He did not yell or throw tantrums. Made for a decent day. I got my schedule mixed up, and I only had to work 8 hours today, not 12 like I thought.

Getting off early was a gift. I am really tired and feeling down. The follistim is really wiping me out, I think. I feel like if I can get through the week, things will be better next week. I trigger ovulation at some point this week. Which means that the last hormones I will get this cycle will be this week. Then we wait and see. I feel like the wait is worst part of the entire process. Even worse than the fatigue.

My grandfather has his surgery today, so I guess/hope I will hear something soon. Will let you know more later. (When I hear something.)

Update on my grandfather: Apparently, when they got inside they fond adenocarcinoma wrapped around his duodenum. Apparently it is very vascular and wrapped around the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine). The GI surgeon doing the procedure could not do anything, and referred my grandfather to an oncologist. I just know my aunt and grandmother are going a little crazy. Anytime the word cancer gets mentioned, people go crazy. We will see what the oncologist says. Maybe he can help.

1 comment:

annacyclopedia said...

Just letting you know that I'm here, reading and listening, and wishing you peace. Especially during the upcoming wait.