Thursday, January 8, 2009

Here we are again

This just seems so familiar. All I am doing right now is waiting for my period to come around. I know nothing will come of this cycle, so I am just waiting.

Not much has happened this week. Just a lot of work and time with Hubby. We are getting cable this weekend. I am very excited about it. There has been a dearth of Mi.ke Ro.we around this house. I have missed "Dirty Jobs" and "Deadliest Catch." Soon I will be able to get my Mi.ke Ro.we fix. We are also planning on finally taking the tree and Christmas decorations down this weekend. I liked the idea of leaving it up through Epiphany. But it is definitely time to come down.

My sister and mother are coming down tomorrow. Hubby is doing my sister's divorce, and she has an appointment with him to do the next step in the process. I have the day off, so hopefully I will be able to spend some time with them. I enjoy seeing them. I look forward to being able to catch up with her.

Speaking of family, we are also meeting my father-in-law and his wife for dinner at some point this weekend. They seem to like me, though I think that they do not really understand me. I guess that is all right. I do not see them very often, so I do not really know them, either. Hubby meets with his dad on a regular basis, and I think they both enjoy the guy time. I am glad he has a relationship with his father.

Gertrude had her first agility class for this session of classes. I was very impressed. I think she is going to do well. I was very impressed that she remembered how to go through the tunnel. She also took to the weave poles really well. I am still not sure if I want to compete with her. I am really just doing it to give her confidence. We also started some clicker training with Oscar. That seems to be working out really well, though we have just started. He seems to respond to the clicker better than to our voice. I will try to keep up with it. Hopefully Hubby will keep up with it, too.

Just hanging around. Waiting. As usual.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Waiting ... oh how I know that word. *hugs* Take care.

Jessica White said...

I don't like the waiting game: It doesn't seem to matter how many other things you have going on (and you guys sound busy) it doesn't make the wait any easier *hugs*

Debz said...

Lord we cant get enough Mike Rowe here either. Love it! My fav has got to be Deadliest Catch though. Everytime I watch it I crave crab legs for some reason (lol).
Waiting really is the hardest part. All I can say is do try to keep busy all you can. Down time is NOT good for the waiting mind.