Sunday, January 18, 2009

Returning home.

I got out of there before I went crazy. I do not know what it is about hospitals, but they seem to make people a little nuts.

My grandfather is doing well, for the most part. He is sick, but he is not dying. If my family can stay out of the staff's way, he will get the care that he needs. The surgeon and the hospitalist are very competent and the nursing staff are taking good care of him. Those poor med-surg nurses work like dogs and are really under-appreciated. I could never do that. I think I would come home bitter and disillusioned. I guess that is why I work in the OR, and not on the floor.

This is just a quick update, I will write more later. Promise.

5 comments:

Queenie. . . said...

Glad to hear he's doing okay. I hope you also made it through the visit relatively unscathed.

Ann said...

Keeping him in my prayers. Please keep us updated. I'm so glad he's local and can have so much family around. *hugs* Blessings.

Bella Strega said...

Yay!! :) Was thinking about you and hoping all ended up well/better. :)

annacyclopedia said...

Glad your grandfather is doing ok under the circumstances and that you're back home. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Jessica White said...

I'm glad to hear that he's doing ok, and that you were able to stay relatively sane.

You guys are in my prayers.