Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Poor hubby!

I think Hubby was a little distressed this evening when he saw how tired I was. I worked 10 hours today, but the day actually was a fairly smooth and relatively uneventful day. The cases went smoothly, and they were spaced out enough that we did not have to rush setting up. And I was working within my chosen specialty! Overall, a really nice day. But I was stillexhausted at the end of the day. Hubby's immediate reaction to the situation was to try to get me to ask for shorter hours. I had to point out to him that I would be just as tired after an 8 hour day. Asking for fewer hours will not help the situation. I think he is just having a hard time adjusting to the changes that are happening to me while pregnant. I think some of them are taking him by surprise.

I got the chance to work with Dr. Sweetness today. I got a chance to update her on how I was doing. She was happy to hear about the nausea, and I think she saw how tired I was. It was great working with her today.

I am spending time on the couch with the dogs watching one of my favorite shows. Dead.liest Catch! I have to watch the episodes a week late because I need to go to bed early. At least I get to watch them.

5 comments:

Jessica White said...

I think that's so cool that you get to work with your Dr. I'm glad that you're hanging in there....the exhausting does get a bit better. I'm so happy for you guys!

Serendipity said...

I've found joy in sneeking little Nanna naps when I come in from work. I'm so glad things seem to be going well for you.

Mrs. Higrens said...

We watch Deadliest C@tch as well, I'm not as big a fan but can stick it out to hear Mike Rowe's voice. Swoon.

I forked over the $ for our cycle this morning. Since we are using the same lab, I'm enjoying reading about your success.

annacyclopedia said...

Yeah, it's a little rough on the fellas when the reality sinks in that not only are things changing drastically as far as what we are able to do, but also that it's likely to just get worse! Manny has been pretty good mostly picking up all my slack, but it's bound to wear thin after a while and I think it's all starting to catch up with him.

So cool you got to work with Dr. Sweetness!

Queenie. . . said...

Totally hear you on the exhaustion! Although, it's waaay past my bedtime, and I'm still here reading.