Friday, May 8, 2009

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

I am so glad it is the end of the week! I just have to work an evening shift this weekend and then Hubby and I get to spend the weekend together. I have put off my parents for at least a week. Between schedules and not really wanting to go anywhere, this weekend is not that great to meet with them. Both Hubby and I are fried, and I think both of us could use the weekend to just be with each other. I do not think I am quite ready to celebrate THAT holiday just yet. I think we may hide on Sunday.

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought about was that OMG I am pregnant. Today I am pregnant. I am pregnant today. (s.e. at Riding the Roller Coaster would say that as her gratitude every day early on, right after her beta. I loved it, so I hope she does not mind me stealing it.) It is still hard for me to get my mind around. It is hard for me to even think it. I may actually go out and buy some books on pregnancy today. It feels so weird. I just have to remember that it is all right for me to be in the pregnancy and maternal health section now. I am pregnant. I really wish they had a book for women who are pregnant after IF. You just end up unprepared, and there are no real resources out there. I think even our reaction to the news that we are pregnant is different from our fertile friends.

I plan on calling Dr Sweetness today. Dr Sweetness is my OB, for those of you who do not know. When I went in for my pre-conception counseling appointment earlier this week, she mentioned she wanted to know the results of the beta. (Don't laugh, I made than damn appointment a over a month ago, before I knew anything.) I do not know if she will do anything prior to my first OB appointment with the Apprentice at the end of May. We will see. Likely not. Between the PIO injections, and the baby aspirin, I hope my chance of miscarrying is low. I also continuing my metformin. I think I am going to be on the met for the bulk of the pregnancy. That is fine with me. Whatever will give me a health baby at the end.

FYI, the first OB appointment is with the Apprentice because the Wizard wants to know how things are looking before formally releasing me to OB service. I am not just trying to keep all MDs happy. Likely I will make sure that Dr Sweetness gets the info from that appointment, too.

I dearly miss my wine, though. Not to worry, I do not have any wine in the house right now. Probably a good thing. I told Hubby last night that I could use a drink. At least to numb me up just a little bit to deal with this news. Sigh.

Still feels a little unreal right now.

3 comments:

Mrs. Higrens said...

Shortly after your IVF I left a comment and the word verification had "sticky" or something very close to it as part of the random letters. Didn't want to say anything then (stupid superstition) but it definitely made me wonder.

I'll have some wine for you then, k?

andrea said...

omg, you are pregnant! :)
that is fabulous news. seriously fabulous.

and i'll drink some wine for you!

annacyclopedia said...

Wishing you a quiet weekend where you can be as numb, stunned, freaked out, shocked, and nervous as you need to be, and also hopefully happier and happier every minute. You're so not alone in your reaction - I totally felt exactly the same way. Congratulations again to you and your hubby.