Sunday, May 31, 2009

A day of rest. Finally.

My week from hell is finally over. I did end up getting called in for a couple of hours last night. They thought that they would get a lot lot of traumas all at once. (When the ER starts to clear out the trauma bays, that seems like a reasonable assumption.) Fortunately for me, they never got any of the expected traumas and I got to go home and go back to bed. My schedule this block from here on out is not nearly as bad. All day shifts, and no call. Thank goodness.

The result of my crazy week is that I am really tired today. And my nausea is terrible today because I am tired. I found that it seems to get worse if I do not get enough rest. Fortunately, I do not have to do a lot today. And Hubby is being really nice to me and offered to do some of my chores I needed to get done today. That makes my life a little easier.

I should be able to go to bed early tonight and hopefully get caught up on sleep. It will be nice to get an entire night of uninterrupted sleep. I think I need it.

6 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

Ugh. I always HATED being on call. Especially at night. Yuck. Hope you get some rest and feel better.

Paula Keller said...

Holy moly! You're pregnant! Wow! I am so excited that IVF worked for you! I'm sorry I missed that, I have been hit or miss blogging lately. Well... basically all year. Anyway, that's wonderful news!

Get lots of rest and feel better. Hope next week's heavenly.

Katie said...

I hope you are able to get some rest.

Becky said...

I agree 100% the less sleep i would get the worse my nausea was!
I think it has someting to do with our blood sugars, who knows!

ME! said...

sorry you are so tired- but at least you have figured out what is causing/aggrevating your nausea. Being on call MUST really suck. Good luck sweetie!

annacyclopedia said...

It's funny reading your blog cause it reminds me of pregnant stuff I've already forgotten, like the nausea being so much worse when I was tired. Blah. Hope you have caught up on your sleep by now and are feeling much better - glad your hubby is willing to pick up the slack!