Monday, May 4, 2009

The waiting continues...

About all I can do is wait. I is one of the most frustrating things I have experienced. I have noticed that my body is responding to the progresterone. Not only hot flashes, but I have also started to get a little bit of nausea in the afternoons. I also have twinges, very similar to menstrual cramping. I get short of breath fairly easily, and wear out quickly, especially in the afternoons. Oh yeah, and I am a little bloated to boot. I suspect some of these symptoms are OHSS symptoms, but my pain is not much more than 2/10, my bloating is not much more than regular mentrual bloating, and I still pee. I have been trying to drink a lot of water, and not do anything strenuous. I wonder if I will get a call from the Wizard's nurse today to see how I am doing. Hmm...

I have a doctor's appointment today. I have wanted to switch OB/gyn docs for a while, but never did anything about it. I finally got around to making the appointment. It is sort of funny, though. I made the appointment for pre-conception counseling. The main reason I wanted to make an appointment with her was just to get on her patient list. It may not be a bad thing. At least she will be familiar with my infertility saga when I do finally show up pregnant. I also adore her. I work with her in the OR from time to time, and she is just wonderful. Very smart, and very dedicated to her patients. I was very excited when she started doing OB again. It must be fate.

My other goals for the day: grocery shop, de-clutter, and clean bathrooms. I think that is not so outrageous. I should be able to do all of those things.

This sort of shows where I am at right now...

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

I hope everyone has a happy Monday!

2 comments:

Mrs. Higrens said...

Hope your appointment today goes well and that there aren't too many (visibly) pregnant women in the waiting room.

just me, dawn said...

fingers crossed for you. hang in there!