Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Week from Hell

I think my schedule is going to kill me. The four day weekend was really nice, but my schedule this week is really rough. Tuesday was busy, as you all know from my last post. Wednesday I had to work 9-9, and I was stuck in a case until 9 PM. Today I was scheduled to work 7-3. And I had a robot case this morning, so I had to be in early for that. By the afternoon I could not see straight. Fortunately, my co-worker pushed to get me off early. I came home and slept for almost 2 hours. Apparently I needed the sleep. I felt good after my nap, though. I have to work a night shift tomorrow, which will likely be rough on me. I only hope that we are not too busy tomorrow night. Keeping fingers crossed, at any rate.

My schedule next week is not as bad, fortunately. No more call, at least. Thank goodness!

It is very weird being so open about being pregnant. But it helps me at work, I think. People will shoo me away from moving patients and doing a lot of heavy lifting. Many of my co-workers also try to make sure that I get breaks so that I can eat something. (Which is very much appreciated!) It is strange getting special treatment. At this point I am rolling my eyes and throwing up my hands. I still feel like I should be able to do everything myself. It also depends on who I am with. Some people let me do more than others. Overall, it has not been too terrible letting people know.

4 comments:

ME! said...

Glad you are doing okay- even if you are really tired. Support from co-workers has got to be nice.

I think pretty much everyone at my work knows I am TTC, but no one talks about it. I was seen a while back by a drug rep at my RE's office. I totally didn't think about it, but I guess she saw me at the clinic and put two and two together. I am still trying to figure out what she peddles at an RE and an urgent care clinic. :)

I mean samples of Lupron? LOL!!

Um, so moral to that tangent was it must be nice that everyone is helpful, and not looking at their toes when you are working. :)

I am happy for you girlie!

Becky said...

Wow that is a crazy schedule no way could i work that pregnant, your one tough momma!

annacyclopedia said...

I'm hoping that things slow down for you a bit, or at least that you can get lots of rest in between those gruelling shifts! When in doubt, and when possible - nap! (You seem to know this very well already, but just a friendly reminder...)

Jessica White said...

I'm glad that things are going well at work and with having told people. I still, and always will, have a hard time with people telling me what I should and shouldn't do, and keeping me from doing things. Oh well...it does get me out of some undesirable jobs ;-)